CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Archie- OUR American Idol

My voice is hoarse today.  The palms of my hands are sore and tender.  Quite honestly, I'm a little worn out from my "American Idols Concert" hangover!  We were privileged to watch the show from the sweet suite Grandpa managed to secure for the 16 of us.  It was awesome.  Where else can you go for a concert with such excellent voices and variety of style?  Plus, I feel like I really know these stars, having raised them from their infancy.  My ears are also recuperating- the audience was LOUD.  Granny kept plugging her ears to block out the noise of the crowd!  We were very excited and welcoming to ALL 10 of the Idols, but David A. is our boy.  The applause for him was absolutely deafening.  We were on our feet during all 3 of his numbers and we continued clapping and screaming until he came back and sang a 4th song.  It was Josh Groban's "When You Say You Love Me" and David finished with choking emotion and tears.  I admit it, I got a little wet-eyed too.  I felt like a proud mother!  His voice is amazing in person.  I will definitely buy his album and can't wait for another Archie concert.  Thanks for a fun time, family!  (The best was watching our big brother, the trooper, chant "Archie!"  You can picture it, can't you?)

3 comments:

northslopegang said...

Oh I just got goose bumbs reading about the concert. Sounds like so much fun and the picture is fabulous!!

Natster said...

How fun that you got to go! I love his voice too! Good luck with the voice recovery!

Tennisa Nordfelt said...

The funnest concert EVER! Thanks for the good times!
Love,
TN

Road Scholars