CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 1, 2008

My vote is for Edward, I think


I just checked the official website countdown:  only 10 hours, 23 minutes, 10 seconds, 245 milliseconds left until Breaking Dawn goes on sale!  Woo-hoo!  I am torn, however, about how I am going to handle this new release.  Part of me wants to frantically rush down to Barnes and Noble at exactly 12:01 am to buy the book and spend the rest of the weekend neglecting my family, devouring the book.  The other side of me wants to patiently stroll into Costco when it goes on sale, calmly purchase the book, and take the next three weeks to casually digest every detail of the book.  But what if someone accidentally divulges the ending of the book to me? What if I read a spoiler in the news? What if the suspense aspect of the book is taken from me?  I don't think I could handle that.  Oh, what to do?  I am not the only Stephenie Meyer die-hard in the family, as you can tell from the photo.  Just so you know, this photo was not orchestrated.  Well, okay, the PHOTO was arranged, but we did not coordinate bringing our books to Jackson!  Mandy is shocked while reading Meyer's latest release The Host.  I am more mesmerized with Eclipse the 2nd time through.  Jana is wiping tears while reading New Moon for the 4th time, and Tennisa is choking back her emotions as she reads Twilight for the 3rd time.  You can go ahead and laugh at us because we laugh at ourselves! I wonder why all the men in the family slowly disappear when we begin discussing the Twilight series??  Maybe they are all vampires.  (Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?)

5 comments:

Birding is Fun! said...

I can't believe Jacob killed Charlie and had to be killed by the Cullens. I'm just shocked! But I guess that ends Bella's problems.

northslopegang said...

I guess when your son has read all of the books and couldn't wait to buy the newest one then maybe it's time that mom started to read the series as well. I loved Harry Potter! Shhhhh don't tell Aunt Char anything!!!

Kent and Wendy said...

You are so funny Sushi mommy! Our Kara had to go to the midnight party all dressed up as a vampire and she has been reading eversince! Kent and I get a chuckle out of her as she explodes into laughter or reads part of it out loud in the other room. Obsessive? Yes!

pam said...

So ... did you buy the book? Are you finished? If so, can I borrow???? I am like you and don't want anyone to "slip" and tell me what happens in the book. I'm just not going to talk to anyone about it until I'm done. AAAHH!!! I didn't think I was too into the series but I guess I am because I'm dying to find out how it all ends.

Tennisa Nordfelt said...

I've dreamed that Lantz and I are vampires every night since I finished Breaking Dawn. We're always trying to hide our secret while resisting the temptation to kill all the humans around us...very disturbing! But I love it!

TN

Road Scholars