CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Priceless

It's true, her precarious birth almost cost one million dollars. Happily, we were well insured and only had to pay a very small portion of that. In this picture, E-bear was 5 days old and weighed in at 1 pound, 2 ounces; measuring 12 inches when her legs were stretched out. At 26 weeks gestation (14 weeks early), she should have been at least 2 pounds. As you can see from more recent pictures, this now 7-1/2 year old has caught up in size. One question is this, can you put a price on life? Hardly. E-bear is worth a million times more than what was spent on her. She is our priceless child. Here's another question, are we not all priceless children? I believe we are.  I believe we all have inherent worth that can never hold a pricetag.  We have a vinyl-lettering sign above our back door that says:  "You are Priceless."  This is a reminder to the SushiFam of the worth of our souls.  I hope and pray that as my kids grow, they will develop a sense of self-esteem that comes not from awards, praise, or recognition, but from simply knowing that they are priceless daughters of God.

3 comments:

Kent and Wendy said...

SushiFam - I think of your little firstborn and how tiny she was and now to see how beautiful she has become. What a blessing in your lives! Yes - she is priceless!

northslopegang said...

Well said SusiFam!!

Natster said...

oh - I needed this today. Thanks! :)

Road Scholars