CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bye-Bye Pace Bars

We've been trying out some new eating habits in our home.
Actually, for years we have been aware of and casually
incorporating "greener" eating into our diets,
but we're serious this time.
We have always known about the rumored side-effects of colored dyes
in our food and have attempted to steer clear of them.
But, we're serious this time. Really.
So serious, in fact, that we had a Stomping-of-the-Pace-Bars-Party last night.
See- serious we are!
The girls found some of the revered popsicles hiding in our outdoor
freezer and begged to eat them for an after-dinner treat.
We asked Eliza to read the ingredient list on the package and determine for herself
whether they were okay to eat.
This is the look she gave us after she read the first few ingredients to herself:
She said, "I don't want to read this out loud, because if I do, you will not let us eat them!"
Chris lectured about where food dyes come from.
(They are petroleum-based.)
He said to Eliza, "If I opened up the gas tank on our car and
invited you to stick in a straw and take a sip, would you do it?
Her response: "I would if it tasted like a Pace Bar."
The stomping party was their idea. I think their aggression was
partly directed toward us for not allowing them to eat the popsicles.
We're not extremists and don't flip out if our kids are given foods that we don't
keep in our home. We have just found that certain foods
result in certain undesirable behaviors in certain little bodies!
Here's to real fruit popsicles!

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

wow! What cute and dramatic girls you have! (about the musical, you should come and see the show if you really like it! It would be great to see you!)

Road Scholars