Before you read this,
forget for just a moment what I said a few posts ago about
healthy eating.
(Did I really say I was serious?)
These cupcakes are so root-beer-y and yum, yum, yummy!
I promised to bring Rootbeer Floats up to the YW who were at Girls' Camp.
Didn't make it up there, so I had to figure out something to take to church on Sunday. The girls were pretty adamant about the rootbeer floats, so here's what they got:
Want the recipe?
Rootbeer Float Cupcakes
healthy eating.
(Did I really say I was serious?)
These cupcakes are so root-beer-y and yum, yum, yummy!
I promised to bring Rootbeer Floats up to the YW who were at Girls' Camp.
Didn't make it up there, so I had to figure out something to take to church on Sunday. The girls were pretty adamant about the rootbeer floats, so here's what they got:
Rootbeer Float Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup root beer
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and allspice; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with root beer, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost with Rootbeer Frosting (recipe follows). Yield: 1 dozen.
Old-Fashioned Root Beer Frosting
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon Root Beer Concentrate
1 bag (32 ounces) confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon Root Beer Concentrate
1 bag (32 ounces) confectioners' sugar
1/4 c. milk, or more, as needed
1. Beat butter and cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add Root Beer Concentrate; mix well.
2. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until well blended after each addition and frequently scraping sides and bottom of bowl.
3. Add milk; beat until light and fluffy. If frosting is too thick to spread, gradually beat in additional milk.













1 comments:
Man, they sound yummy! I will have to try them.
See you at Bear Lake - or Dyan's wedding!
Post a Comment