Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to
all of our family and friends so dear!
all of our family and friends so dear!
I know, I know.
It's not even Thanksgiving yet, and I am posting our annual family Christmas card.
I've been hearing from a lot of people
(on talk radio, facebook, etc.)
(on talk radio, facebook, etc.)
that it is too early to celebrate Christmas.
I agree with them regarding all of the commercialized Christmas in the stores.
However, I don't know about you, but I have been planning our Christmas celebrations for half a year.
We have been dancing around to Christmas songs here at our home for well over a month.
(It wakes the kids up in the morning and puts
them to bed at night!)
(It wakes the kids up in the morning and puts
them to bed at night!)
We have been stashing Christmas presents in our top-secret hiding place.
I've been taking family photos for holiday cards.
What better way to give thanks than by planning the month-long
birthday celebration of our Savior?
To me, Thanksgiving and Christmas go together because both are about gratitude for family, friends, blessings and especially the birth and life of Jesus Christ.
I must have learned to start the celebrations early while on my mission in the Philippines.
In this amazing country,
Christmas decorations start going up early!
In this amazing country,
Christmas decorations start going up early!
Here is a picture of me posing by a decoration on
Sept. 9th, 1995.
Sept. 9th, 1995.
(They don't celebrate Thanksgiving.)
More pics of our family photo shoot are coming......
I want to give a big thank you to our awesome photographer, Rachel Broom.
She is our 17-year old piano teacher, photographer, tutor, babysitter,
house cleaner, party organizer, and "big sister."
house cleaner, party organizer, and "big sister."
We love you and thank you for laughing with us
and getting all snowy and muddy with us!
and getting all snowy and muddy with us!
















3 comments:
Love your card!!! You look like a super model :)
I just need to tell you that I LOVE YOU GUYS! Your family picture is FANTASTIC!I loved your comment on my blog the other day. It means a lot to know that you're out there listening and still being my friend. I hope your Thanksgiving was grand and that your Christmas this year will be unforgettable! Love you!
Rochelle
I totally remember this picture from your mission!!! And I think of it every year when I'm ready to start listening to Christmas music in July (or March??)!!! If they do it in the Phillippines we can do it too, right?!!
Post a Comment