My amazing Grandma finished her test, her trial, her course, her 92-year marathon today. We've been hoping and praying for this day to arrive for almost a year, and now that it has come to pass, I am surprised at my sadness and emotion. I am so thrilled for her, and so sad for my mom and the rest of us who will miss her. She is one of those stalwarts: brave, strong, independent, humble, long-suffering, and so generous. I will miss her personal birthday cards, Christmas candy wreaths, darling giggle, homemade bread and rolls, and long talks about the Philippines. In the above picture, Grandma had just arrived home from the Philippines Baguio Mission. Little did I know at that time that in less than 10 years, I would be called to the very same mission. Mabuhay, Grandma! I love you, and I am eternally grateful for your example and testimony.
Back At It!
5 months ago













6 comments:
Losing a grandparent is difficult. You do feel a bunch of different emotions. Hang in there. Hang on to those good things you remember about her.
Nice tribute. Can't wait to see you this weekend!
Ohh the memories. It is sad to have her gone, but a joy that she is able to let go of the pain. If we are looking for a stalwart, mom was truly that individual. It was tough sitting with her when she was in so much pain and would ask, "Fred, what should I do?" What a heart jerker. What a mom!!!Love ya Jul fred c
It was fun to see you Jul!!!! I love your picture and your sweet post about grandma...it brought tears to my eyes. Dad and I were watching home videos yesterday of the 50th wedding who-raw and grandma and grandpa's mission farewell....crazy that they are both gone...but it's nice to know what we know being memebers of the church...and I look forward to the reunion with grandma and grandpa
How fun to post a picture like this and to have so much in common with your grandma. I love you Jules.
I'm sitting here at the local library getting all teary and hoping they don't start coming down my face! (Yes, I came to the library so I didn't have to use our parents slow internet connection!) Anyway, great tribute to our amazing, wonderful Grandma! We're so lucky!
Post a Comment