CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Baa, Baa Blonde Sheep


She wanted her hair curled in rags just like Laura from "Little House on the Prairie." After spending half an hour (at least) rolling the rags, Gracie retired to bed with a contented smile upon her face. Next morning she was bouncy and bubbly and anxious to see the outcome. We unrolled the rags in front of the mirror and the smile from the night before never left her face. Daddy and I exchanged some raised eyebrow glances while stifling our laughter, and reassuring her that she did indeed look like Shirley Temple. After combing our fingers through the tight curls, we all determined that we had a new little lamb in the family. Gracie was delighted with her new 'do, and even more so when we began singing, "Baa, baa blonde sheep..." She sang right along with us! She pranced and posed in front of the mirror most of the morning, obviously very pleased with herself. I almost let her go to church with the fluff, but I just couldn't reconcile the fact that she looked to me like Gene Wilder playing Willy Wonka. I convinced her into putting it up into a tight, but elegant pony, and she danced off to church with the confidence befitting a princess!

7 comments:

Catherine said...

No way. This is crazy. I did rag curls on Beth the other day with about the same results. Anyway, I just logged on to update my blog and add a picture of her. Anyway, Beth was equally excited about her electrifying look.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad we live in a "different" time now - I used to used the sponge rollers growing up everytime I had a dance recital and my hair would go super curly!!!

pam said...

Okay, I am sitting here CRYING because I am laughing so hard!!! Seriously. I am sick to my stomach! I love those pictures and I LOVE that little Gracie loved her hair! She is so cute and adorable! The sad thing is that there is a picture of me growing up on Christmas morning and my hair is exactly like that. On purpose! And I have the same, proud, "I look SO GOOD" look on my face! Do you remember that picture? Haha!!

Dixie Packer said...

very cute pony-tail! lol.

Andrea Graves :) said...

SO cute! :)

leafhopper said...

I love it!! LOL

Nora Mair said...

She's adorable! I love the curls and cute grins!

Road Scholars