I was craving salmon. We haven't had it in a long time.
I went to the store and, for the life of me,
I could not remember if it was better to buy
farmed or wild salmon.
(When I say "better," I'm talking about fish with
less mercury and more sustainable fishing.)
It used to be okay to buy "wild" anything, but not anymore.
Take, tilapia, for instance.
It is better to buy farmed tilpia.
I called Chris at home, and he couldn't remember which
salmon to buy either.
So I asked the behind-the-meat-counter guy.
He looked very uncomfortable, but sighed and whispered
that wild salmon are better.
I just came upon this little guide to help me wade
through all of the fish confusion.
I have printed it and will carry it in my wallet
until I have memorized
which fish is which.
Seafood Watch Guide
I just came upon this little guide to help me wade
through all of the fish confusion.
I have printed it and will carry it in my wallet
until I have memorized
which fish is which.
BTW, here is my Mom's famous recipe for seasoned salmon.
(It is yummy on trout too!)
Glenda's Herbed Salmon
6 (4 to 6 oz.) salmon fillet
4 Tbsp. melted butter
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 pinch of thyme
1 pinch of dill weed
Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil. Spray with oil. Place salmon fillets on baking sheet. Pour melted butter over fish. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Sprinkle each fillet with desired salt and pepper, then sprinkle with thyme and dill weed. (The amounts given here are approximate. Adjust to your own tastes.)
Bake at 350º until fish flakes easily with a fork.
(About 20-30 minutes.)














1 comments:
We have a freezer full of salmon (steve went on a Alaskan fishing trip). I'm so excited to try out your recipe!
Post a Comment