| {photo taken by a sweet tourist} |
Thanks to the Eyre's and ideas from their wonderful book,
we have a tradition of taking our girls out on a
very special date around their 8th birthday.
very special date around their 8th birthday.
We've taken both to The Garden Restaurant at the top of the
Joseph Smith Memorial Building.
We go there because the view of the temple and
the sunset is breathtaking.
We go there because the view of the temple and
the sunset is breathtaking.
We go there because Chris and I ate there the night
we got engaged.
We dress up because this is an
important occasion!
We had a lovely dinner with GBear the other night;
they even opened up
the roof and we could see the moving clouds!
We dress up because this is an
important occasion!
We had a lovely dinner with GBear the other night;
they even opened up
the roof and we could see the moving clouds!
After dinner, we walked across the street to the
Brigham Young Historic Park.
Well, Chris and I walked
while GBear danced, skipped and twirled!
The three of us sat down on a blanket and
Well, Chris and I walked
while GBear danced, skipped and twirled!
The three of us sat down on a blanket and
had a beautiful discussion.
We asked questions. She asked questions.
It was natural and comfortable.
We asked questions. She asked questions.
It was natural and comfortable.
To be able to tell her the "facts of life"
in a calm, planned and factual manner is such a privilege.
We used this book:
Some may think it a little too detailed, but we think
it is perfect.
We want to be the first ones to tell our kids the big secret.
We want to tell them with the Gospel as the foundation.
We bear our testimonies about God's love for His children,
and of His eternal plan for families.
We open the door for continued and future
communication with our daughters.
communication with our daughters.

















3 comments:
Oh,Julie that is so wonderful! What a wonderful way to share this important information with your girls! We have used the gospel as a way to talk to our older boys but our daughter hasn't had the talk yet and I think I want to use your idea! You are making sure they know what a beautiful and good thing intimacy is!
Wow! you officially win parents of the year, that is so awesome will you take my girls? i guess I need to go get those books because I am clueless on that subject and i like the idea of old enough and young enough. Hope you guys are good. :)
I love this!!! And I love the pictures too! I love this idea and will be doing the same thing with Jackson some day. I need to buy those books right now so they don't go out of print or something. :) I can't believe both of your girls "know" now. They're growing up. It's crazy!
Post a Comment