CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Fall To Remember

I've been taking pictures and writing blog posts in my mind the last 2 months, but as you can tell, that's as far as I've gotten. So today, I'm making up for lost blogs. Here's a little taste (okay- a big taste) of what we've been doing. Unfortunately it doesn't involve any sushi.
This picture is of my mom's siblings at her mother's funeral. There were originally 12 of them, but they adopted Lili, who took care of Grandma her last 9 months.Can I just say that I have THE BEST friends ever? I can't believe how blessed I feel to be surrounded by so many who have the same values and ideas as I do. After Grandma died, they surprised me with this WillowWood statue. What they didn't know was that my Grandma's favorite color was purple and that she HAD made a quilt for me that I still have!We've been doing the soccer thing this fall. We had games Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings. Whew! We're hibernating all winter so we'll be ready for Spring soccer. G-Bear played with the Green dragons and E-Bear played on a special league, TOPS soccer.
Coleus, glorious coleus! This is by far my favorite plant! Can you believe these varieties? Since we have a porch that is in the shade most of the day, I tend to go a little overboard with the coleus. Here is G-Bear hiding amongst the pots. Thanks, Mom, for these beauties.
A beautiful mountain hike is literally a hop, skip, and a jump away from our home. It takes, oh, about a minute and a half to drive to the trail head. But we don't get up there nearly often enough! The kids decided it had been too long, so we jaunted up the hill to enjoy the fall foilage. Gorgeous!The night before we left for Palm Springs, we got a fluky snowstorm that dumped at least 4 inches on us! Since we were packing all of our "sunshine" gear, the girls decided to don their swimsuits and brave the storm! Crazy, I know, but it makes for memorable pictures! Very early the next morning, we slipped and slided all the way down the hill, dodging huge, snow-laden tree branches that had fallen into the road- and drove off into the 90 degree desert. It was pure bliss. If I really concentrate, I can still feel the hot sun beating down on me as I gaze up into the palm trees. That is heaven. . . I love palm trees. . .





The Goose Boy





5 comments:

Birding is Fun! said...

Awesome photos. The swimsuits in the snow were really fun.

Rochelle said...

What a blast! Those pictures are so entertaining. Beautiful! Love you guys!

Braunersrither Family said...

Julie, you blog! I found you through my space, mindy has a blog and i saw you listed and had to check you out. I blog too! Check me out. I am totally adding the SushiFam to my blog list! So fun to be able to see your family! Your mom looks so great, she doesn't age! you are a great photographer! I would so let you take our families pics if we lived by you! You look great! Tricia

Dixie Packer said...

oh what fun! your girls will have such great memories from that!

northslopegang said...

I loved the girls in their summer attire in the snow. What a fun idea for a picture. You rock!!

Road Scholars