CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 19, 2009

Liza's Lemonade

E-Bear (now 8 years old) made this delicious lemonade without any help or suggestions from me. We call her our little "Iron Chef" at home. She went out into her little square foot garden and picked some basil and mint, washed them up, and added them to the lemonade. I was so impressed at the beauty of the drink as well as the taste! The herbs gave it just enough flavor and kick to make it unique. Here is the recipe, just as she wrote it:

1 c. leomenaid
1 c. limenaid
3 c. sugar
2 c. water
4 c. ice

Mix 1 min. Add mint and basil to it. Put in frige over night. Yum! Yum! Drink Up!!!

So, I think she just improvised and I really don't think the quantities were quite what she wrote down. It WAS a little on the sugary side, but 3 cups?? I don't think so! We did add a little more water and ice. She used the lemon juice and lime juice from the bottles in the fridge, but wouldn't it be even more yummy with freshly squeezed juice? Next time. . .

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Sounds delicious E-bear! Hope we get to taste some some day.

Birding is Fun! said...

I love the 3-parts sugar! I like the mint idea with lemon. I'll have to try it out. Does the basil work?!

The best cooks are those that experiment. Sounds like she is on her way!

pam said...

Haha! I LOVE IT!!!!!! Good job, E-bear! Remember when the girls made a little treat for me when I was pregnant? It was yogurt, peanut butter, and I think there was some jam in there too. I love how creative they are. But hello, they're just like their Mama!

Rochelle said...

Priceless!

Rebecca said...

what a cute girl!

Road Scholars