CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 2, 2009

It's Great to be 8!


Today Eliza was baptized.
I never thought this day would come.

I guess I've been in denial these past 8 years, thinking my children will never grow up and experience these milestones in their lives.

Why is it so heart-wrenching and yet so heart-warming watching them grow up?
I cannot reconcile the fact that these two feelings exist within my heart at the same time.
I guess it is another one of those aspects of the phenomenon called love.

I guess I also thought that by the time my child was baptized, they would be READY.
Is she really ready for this covenant?
It feels like she's so young and immature and just so, so....young!

Aside from the pouring rain, it was an absolutely perfect day.
The Baptism ABC Book was completed in the nick of time- yesterday!
The programs were printed, the green sash was sewn, the chicken salad was made and the sushi tray picked up from Costco.


All of the trivial, non-important stuff was taken care of, and we were able to truly enjoy the spirit of the baptismal service.
We felt extremely lucky to have the day to ourselves. Eliza was the only one from our stake getting baptized today.
Thanks to all of our dear friends and family who came, participated and supported.
We feel your love. . .

Then, to top off the day, we rushed into Salt Lake City for Gracie's first-ever violin recital.
She played a Variation on
"Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."

She started playing without waiting for my piano introduction, then realized her mistake, giggled, and said,"Oops!"
She followed with a perfect rendition.
We were so amazed!
Here she is posing with her lovely teacher, JoAnne.

0 comments:

Road Scholars